DEVELOPING: Shellie Zimmerman, the wife of Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman, has been arrested on one count of perjury, a press release issued by the Seminole County Sheriff’s Department read Tuesday afternoon. [Photo: Seminole County Sheriff’s Department]
Watch Reuters.com for more on this story
Things that happened while we were in that meeting.
— Courtney Love on chocolate, Bruce Springsteen, cake, and more in her New York Diet. It is just like no.
Kale, Apple, Pear, Cucumber and Carrot. Yum. Where to get the best juicer (via the Wirecutter) and more on the juice craze over at The Hairpin. I would supply a photo of my liquid lunch but it’s a) gone and b) in an unattractive Green Mountain Coffee ecotainer cup. Oh, what the hell. Here it is, or there it was, on Instagram, which should hopefully make it look better: http://instagr.am/p/Jpzo1sM_G1/
Art made with road maps. See 11 of them here. Reminds me of Michel Houllebecq’s The Map and the Territory, sort of. Related: Houllebecq tells The Paris Review he has “a kind of nervousness that leads to rapid juxtapositions. It’s not so different from punk rock. You scream but you modulate a little.” & spends time with Sam Lipsyte in California, complains, is tired.
Here I just wrote it for you, someone:
Yea, that’s right, I just got emojis and I’m really excited about being able to express myself in a new way.
— This and other great questions from children (via Reddit).
It’s also good for when you’re sitting at work and able to envision dancing whilst sitting in an ergonomically-incorrect chair.
Maya Postepski, drummer for Austra, did a remix of Kool Thing’s “Light Games” which is perfect listening for when you are getting ready to go out tonight. Or getting motivated to stay in and clean your room, and try on lots of outfits while you do so.
Cherry blossom petals fall on a Japan Self-Defense Force member standing in the compound of the Defense Ministry where PAC-3 Patriot missile units are deployed for North Korea’s rocket launch, expected to take place sometime between April 12-16, in Tokyo, Wednesday, April 11, 2012. North Korean space officials said Tuesday that all assembly and preparations for this week’s planned satellite launch have been completed, and denied it is a cover for a missile test. [Shizuo Kambayashi / AP via msnbc]
Just another day hugging in our art-filled apartment. (Photo by Sasi)
I can’t help but think of Annie’s “Greatest Hits” here. I had almost forgotten about that song. ANYWAY…
- His shock-and-awwwwwww campaign against abusive puppy mills.
- His complete and total reversal on campaign finance.
- The wrestling journalist who described his 1989 conversation with Santorum as “asshole central.”
- This quiz.
- His principled opposition to human–jellyfish hybrids.
- His defense of anti-sodomy laws.
- His love of coal.
- His bizarre attack on single mothers—and equally bizarre end-times theory about Iran.
- The fact that Obamacare was designed to help families like his—whether he admits it or not.
- His traveling roadshow, which included the aforemention dude with the pickup truck, and the overwhelming majority of the Duggars.
- His bizarre assault on prenatal testing, which he called a coordinated effort “cull the ranks of the disabled in our society.”
- His tendency to get sidetracked by arguing with college kids about gay marriage.
- And…his Google problem.
I wonder if there was a press release…
The Great Gatsby was published on this day in 1925.
- The entire New York Times, says Reuters’ Jack Shafer
- The ability to buy out New York Times CEO Janet Robinson 42 times
- 800 of
- Roughly 1,250 GSA West Coast Conferences
- Shell’s Debt on Iranian Oil
- The cure for Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Solo Cups (the company)
- The amount BP has pledged toward Gulf Restoration
- A better 911 program in New York City
- Soccer team Real Madrid’s Island in the UAE
- The winnings of every Powerball jackpot in 2007
- 45% of a B-2 Bomber
- 68 Lebron Jameses , 40 Kobe Bryants, and 83 Albert Pujolses
- All of J.Lo’s love (it’s gratis!)
When Mike and I started Instagram nearly two years ago, we set out to change and improve the way the world communicates and shares. We’ve had an amazing time watching Instagram grow into a vibrant community of people from all around the globe. Today, we couldn’t be happier to announce that…